How Important Is a Good Nursing School Personal Statement?
A career in nursing is a dream for many people who feel that they want to dedicate their lives to helping others within the medical profession but don’t want to go down the route of studying for 7 or 8 years to become a doctor. While it may not be as long a time period to qualify, it is still a difficult program to complete and is becoming increasingly more popular. Numbers released by the national league the nursing show that there are over 1,800 nursing programs across the U.S.in all areas from a registered nurse all the way through to the most popular emergency room nursing. They have become extremely competitive to get on which means having the best nursing school personal statement is essential to get noticed above any of the other potential candidates.
The biggest problem faced by many people with producing a good nursing school personal statement, however, is understanding what information an admissions review board will want to know about them. This is why so many people use a professional service like ours to help them produce a graduate nursing school personal statement that is powerful enough to stand out in the reader’s mind and include all the right information, laid out in a logical way that flows smoothly. Our experts can show you how to proofread a graduate school personal statement for nursing through a series of advanced exercises all designed to improve your proofreading and vocabulary skills so that all future tasks are made so much easier and stand you in good stead for the level of proofreading which will be expected of the program itself.
Professional Help with How to Proofread a Nursing School Personal Statement
All forms of academic proofreading have their problem areas which need overcoming and the same is especially true when proofreading your personal statement. From deciding what specific information should be included in your nursing school personal statement through to presenting it in the correct way, the whole process is fraught with dangers which our experts are here to help you with. By taking a look through the many nursing school personal statement samples we can provide you with, you will find that the process is actually much easier than you first thought and to help you even further, we have included some excellent tips here:
- To begin with, never make the mistake of just jumping in and starting to proofread masters nursing school personal statement without first checking to see if there are any specific areas that need to be focused on in the application pack. This could include things like presentation format, word count and the topic which will form the whole basis of your personal statement.
- When planning out what to proofread, stay away from anything that is already contained in another part of your application such as your resume for example.
- If you are applying to more than one program, don’t start proofreading nursing school personal statement which is generic. Do research on each program you are applying to and tailor each personal statement accordingly.
- Keep your statement personal to you. A review board wants to know what your aims and goals are, not that your friend is doing a similar course and they have done this, that and the other.
- Don’t use words that will need a dictionary to translate. Use everyday wording that is easy to follow with vocabulary which flows smoothly on from one sentence to the next.
- Don’t make each paragraph overly long. People get nervous when faced with them as they often think they are going to be bored trying to get through them. A couple of sentences in each paragraph is enough and use transitional wording to carry one on from another.
- Don’t assume that when you have finished proofreading that your nursing school personal statement is ready to be sent. Make sure you check it thoroughly to remove any errors first. Your academic prowess will be observed when a review board member reads through it and any mistakes will instantly put them off.
The Northeastern University nursing team says:
“As a nurse, your job will consist of caring for people around the clock in a positive and friendly way while efficiently taking care of their healthcare needs. It takes a certain type of selfless person to become a nurse, and you want to show you that you are that kind of person. Give examples of times when you went above and beyond to care for a loved one or a stranger. Let the committee know that you are passionate about caring for others. Empathy in nursing is a great quality to have.”